Friday, May 29, 2009

Scones O-SCUN - Version III


These are beautiful scones my aunt gave it to me . I shall eat it as snack for tomolo's journey! Oh, I'm away to Sandakan for the weekend ! Purpose: Pigging around
I realise these scone are quite 'flavourful', tasty, and moist. I can eat it on its own.


SO nice, until i get my aunt to gimme the recipe. Here it goes.

Fruit SconesIngredients
500g self-raising flour
125g slightly salted butter
125g caster sugar (reduced from here)
250ml milk
150g sultanas (or raisins)
12g baking powder
Large pinch salt

Method
Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
Rub in the butter until very fine crumbs.
Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
Dissolve the sugar in the mile and add to the mixture.
Mix the flour with the milky sugar.
Add the sultanas and ensure the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Place dough on a floured board.
Make a round roughly ¾ in / 2cm thick.
Using a scone cutter (about 2in / 5 cm) cut into rounds and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and continue cutting more scones to use up all the dough.
Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk.
Bake for 12-15 minutes in pre-heated oven (220C/425F) until well risen and golden.Cool on a wire rack and serve with butter (and jam and cream if you wish)

link: http://www.scotlands-enchanting-kingdom.com/best-scone-recipes.html



Please also see..

Scones O-Scun - Version II

Scones O-Scun - Version I

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kylie: nice! homemade are owez cheaper compare to the one sold outside :)

terri@adailyobsession said...

these looks so good, moist n soft, but do they stick to the roof of ur mouth cos they look so moist?

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

kylie : ha ha ha, come back fast

Terri: oh, they did not stick on my roof of mouth. that's why I like ! They are not tat "cotton soft" until tat extend! lolz!!

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia