Saturday, October 25, 2008
Minestrone with Macaroni
Saturday off is just so wonderful..and especially it was on a rainy day like this morning. I hide under my blanket, enjoying the light, pattering rains, (if there's a tree next to me, hearing the rain drop on the leaves even better...)! but no, instead I hear my mum shouting in the living room. ! ( so distracting!) still I can cover my hears with pillows, but, I can't... my stomach starts making noise and I feel so annoyed! Looks like I can't continue to lay on bed and sleep... my very hungry stomach just cannot 'co-operate' with me for at least another 1/2 hours sleep!
Jump off from bed, had some coffee & crackers to "Ting-Jue-Dong-Sin" (temporary kill the hunger ). Then quickly take out all vegetables , cut the meat, heat up the frying pan and get ready...
Ingredients (2-3 persons)
2 T oil
300g chicken meat (diced)
1 brown onion (diced)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 carrots (diced)
1 celery sticks (diced)
3 tomatoes (diced)
1 potatoes (diced) ( I didnt put tomato with me)
Few leaves of Cabbage
2 T of fozen peas ( if u dont like peas, dont put)
1 litres of chicken stock **
Dried macaroni or any short pasta u like.
**( I replaced with 500ml Swanson Chicken stock + 500 ml plain water + few fresh chicken bones)
1. Diced and marinate the chicken with some salts.
2.Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add in garlic and onion, stir fry a bit until slightly brown. Throw in Chicken, stir well.
3. Add the carrots, celery, tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes
4. Transfer everything to a pot of chicken stocks and cover & cook for 25 minutes. ( yes, I boil my stocks with the vege and bones for that 25 minutes.
(After 25 minutes, I take my chicken bones out)
5. When it's ready, throw in the cabbage for 1 minute cook. then serve with marcaroni.
6. sprinkle some salts to taste. Strange, my soup, I did not add in any salt. It's very savoury sweet. yummy yummy.
A hearty warm soup for rainy day like now. (Sluurrp)
Minestrone: "Mi-ni (ni in short tone) -stron"