Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Pigs In The Blankets

3 cups self-raising flour

½ teaspoon salt

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

( approx. half bar of 250g)

1 egg

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 cup milk

( The above makes 40 blankets)

Rainy days ahhh....piggie very ColD... so I made them some blankets to keep it warm! * lolz *
Hey, THis is not new to everyone, but the name itself just so cute. Pigs In the Blankets.
Thanks to Nigella Lawson's recipe.

Method:
1. Mix Flour+Egg+Salt+Oil+Milk+Cheese in a mixing Bowl and make/knead a Dough.

* You may find the dough either too dry or too damp. Add milk/flour until you got a good dough.*
2. Roll out anyway u like. HINTS: Nigella always says, these are PIGS in the BLANKET , not in the DUVETS, so dont make the skin too thick .

3. Bake at 220C for 10-12 minutes or until it turns brown.

Pigs: U can use cocktail sausage or a normal one will do (cut into half). Like mine, I cut into half!




NOTES: This is not a BUN type of sausage roll. It gives a bit of Crunch, not so crunch like cracker.. but not flaky, due to no butter , but I like it! hahahahha.. I made 12 pieces, I ate 2, my sisters ate 8 of them! and left 2 in the oven, in just 10 minutes time!! hahahaha..

No comments:

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia