waa .. I feel so Happy I m back to blogging! I wake up at 8am this morning, quickly fried these croquettes, when I m finished, both my sisters came down already. They ate, They liked. ;) one of them said it tastes like nugget. ha ha
Butter 5 Tbsp
Plain flour 5 Tbsp
salt & pepper to taste
milk - 1 cup
Boiled chicken breast - 500g, diced
canned button mushroom - 1 can or less, halved
Dry breadcrumbs ( I used panko)
egg - 1, beaten.
1. Boiled the chicken breast in pot of salted water about 20 mins. When its done, drop in the mushroom to blanch a bit. When the chicken is cool, cut into cubes.
2. Melt butter in a pan, stir in flour, salt and pepper, continue to stir and add in milk. Cook, stir over low heat until the mixture is smooth and Thick!. Off Fire. Mix in Chicken and Mushrooms.
3. Spread the mixture on a pan, cover and fridge for 2 hours or more. I put overnite, so it will be firm enough to cut round.
4. Use a round biscuit cutter, cut out the patties.
5. Coat the patties with eggs, then coat with breadcrumbs.
6. Heat up the oil, and fry the croquettes until golden brown. Serve immediately. Eat with Cuke! I mean cucumber, so it cool down ur body as well! ha ha ;)
Firm mixture before cut into round shapes. I prepare this 1 night before i cook. U dont have to do this, u can let it fridge for 2-3 hours. This is really firm, so is really easy to handle when you cut into round shape.
coated and naked croquette
hA! golden brown chicken and mushroom croquette
see my previous Salmon Croquettes