Sunday, May 16, 2010
Hawaiian Baked Rice
I found that the key to any of the baked rice is " The rice". Make sure the cooked rice is cooked with chicken stock ( homemade or Swanson brand is good), plus some butter n garlic , so nice.
1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
enough chicken stock to cook rice. If you dont have , use plain water is ok.
5 garlic cloves
1 can pineapple , diced
4-5 slices of ham, cut square
20 g butter
1 cup mushroom soup
shredded mozzarella cheese (150g) ( I obmit this)
shredded cheddar cheese (150g)
salt & pepper to taste
1. wash n rinse the uncooked rice until clear.
2.In a heated sauce pan, melt the butter, and add in washed rice, add salt & Pepper, keep stir until the water is dried up. off fire.
3. Transfer the rice into rice cooker, add in sufficient stock , and cook. (note: dont put too much water to cook, because when pineapple is mixed in, the pineapple will have some juice , and mushroom soup is smear on, more liquid here)
4. When the rice is cooked, stir in pineapple and cut ham.
5. smear some mushroom soup on top, layer with cheese, follow by some pineapple n ham.
6. Baked the rice at 200C for 20 - 25 mins or until just slightly brown.
Butter rice ..
Garlic Butter rice. More garlic if you like to enhance the flavour, next time I will sprinkle some garlic powder too!