Sunday, May 18, 2008
Apples in Pajamas (Pongyolas Alma)
soon, I can create a list of fancy menu for Breakfast. From ...
Dutch baby pancake
Pigs under the blanket
Egg in a Basket
Toad in A hole
more coming up .......
and a New one! Apples in Pajamas
Pongyolas Alma means Apples in Pajamas.
Pongyolas Alma is a Jewish Cuisine.
Oh..yes, I'm a Jewish Mum! ( soon to be) ;D
Bake ur apples, Deep Fried it, and Sprinkle with some Cinnamon & Sugar.
Apples (Green or Red, your preference)
1 T butter for 1 Apple
1 T brown sugar for 1 Apple
Pajamas (for 2 apples)
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon Flour
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cooking oil
1. Peel and remove the core. IF u dont have an apple corner, dont worry, use ur small knife, cut a rectangular shape like mine in the center.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C.
3. Put 1 T butter in the center of apple, and 1 T brown sugar sprinkle around the apple.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. ( Note: U will notice after bake, there are some remaining butter with a mixture of sugar! Hey!!! that's the best! pls save the syrup if u can)
5. while the apple is cooling.
6. Prepare the Pajamas! mix all ingredients in, stir well.
7. Heat up ur wok until hot, Dip the apples in the batter, and deep fried it until golden brown.
8. When it's done, u may sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on it, or just eat it plain (which I did) or even deep in chocolate / honey or any sauce u like ;p)
This is very Fun to eat! Taste like Banana fritters!