Every 15th or 1st of the Chinese calender, my mum will replenish the fruits (we called it offerings?) on the altar and will
So today I have 5 olds oranges in the kitchen. They are still eatable & Juicy after 15 days on the altar. So here's my Orange chocolate cupcakes.
B4 I bake, I knew this is a good recipe. Bcuz u need to "fold" ur eggwhites to the batter. I knew it's good, also, I knew I will have another heart-thumping session when comes to folding!
I hate folding eggwhites. Especially when the recipe calls for fold the eggwhite gently. I DONT LIKE THIS WORD ! for so many reason. I just can't do things in a gentle way.
1. Preheat the oven to 175C
2. Whisk the egg yolks with Sugar until pale. Then Add in Oil. continue whisking
3. Add in grated orange + orange juice. continue whisking
4. Add in shifted flour+baking powder+ salt ( divide into 5 portions and add in slowly)
5. Whipping time! Whip ur eggwhites (using machine), by adding the sugar bit by bit. Start at a slow mode... then slowly to faster mode. ( if u need help, ask from me! I have a good article demonstrate this. and I learned from that! and my eggwhites turned out quite good)
(note: my heart actually thumping hard when I do the whipping. ahahahha..so afraid it will fail, or overbeat..)
6. ok, divide 3-4 portion of the egg whites, slowly fold into the eggyolk batter gently.
7. Divide into cups... drop some choco chips on top... and bake at 160C for 20 minutes or 1-2 minutes more.