Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas, Everyone !


Perhaps I can't wait to go Paddington House of Pancake next week! I whipped up some this morning! I had this recipe from Ganache's Blueberry Pancakes
The only difference from the usual pancakes is Egg separation method! Whip the egg white until soft peak, fold in the batter. It's really yummy! ; ) I cut up some fresh strawberries, cook with 1 T of strawberry jam and 1 T of honey! ha ! some nice syrup with pancakes.

Easy, spray some whipped fresh cream on top, spread with strawberry.

hehehe...

I think need to practice more with my pancake cooking skill! the edge always come out too thin , and slightly burnt at edge. ee!
Ingredients
2 eggs , separated
1 1/2 cups sifted plain flour
2 1/4 teaS baking powder
3 tableS sugar
3/4 teaS salt
1 cup milk
3 tableS butter, melted
1 cup blueberries ( I omitted this)
a.Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
b. Beat egg yolks in a bowl, add milk and melted butter. Mix all the flours in.
c. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites + sugar until stiff. Fold in the batter until incoporated and stir in blueberries ( if U add this).
d. Heat up the pan, oil the pan and cook ur own pancakes!

I have a good site sharing all the great tips in making good pancakes..

8 comments:

Shari said...

I love your tower of pancakes and strawberries! Nothing better!

Anonymous said...

WA! Your pancakes look so incredibly DELICIOUS!! I'm going to have to try this recipe...my boyfriend and I LOVE pancakes :D

Big Boys Oven said...

we wanna wish you a good New Year celebrations with loads of food and lots of reviews this 2009!

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

SHari : haha, I think If you're hungry, u will love this recipe! haha !Happy New Year!

Jenii: hehe, pls try, simple & nice!

BBO: U TOO AH, Happy New Year! Wish To meet up with U all !!

Zurin said...

Beautiful pancakes Denise! Happy new year and a belated merry christmas. Sorry bout ur wisdom tooth.

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise,
I think you took a lot of beautiful pictures of foods. How did you do that?
I have 1 digital camera only, Canon A600, a very old model already. Is it capable to have the same effects of the photos you took?

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

Li-Jing : hi! I m sure Canon powershot A600 can take good pictures u know ! just becareful with the light and use macro.

I used NikonD60 to take most my pic nowadays ;)

Ceiling Contractors Waterford said...

Great read thankkyou

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia