Yesterday, was my 2nd attempt to tell Ben " Working on Saturday is just a waste of my time"
"Noted" (He can't say anything, but to listen)
"Denise, since you're bored, #*#*#@^ ----> He starts giving me work to do!
Working on Saturdays is really not Healthy ! Don't u think so?
I miss my Kitchen!
This is my 2nd job , I probably need to find the 3rd one which I don't have to work on Saturdays! I don't mind u pay me lesser... I want Saturdays!!!!!
I love this recipe. A recipe that I have been searching for long. A springy soft sponge cake. Ya, One of the reason I love Ganache-Ganache's cakessss is because her cakes give a springy texture! Not floury-texture, but springy! After so many failure trials of sponge cake I have baked.... Finally I can settle on this one! Soft, Light and Springy. Also, first time I came across that this recipe has addition of corn flour.
Look at the cake surface ! not even a single crack line!
I find this is cute. upside turn to cool the cake. ( I can't remember where I got this tips, but it says if u do it this way, ur cake wont shrink so much...er.. ) but In fact my cake didn't shrink!
I realise it is really not easy to satisfy my mum's tongue!
When I am beating the dairy whipping cream (Anchor brand).. The dairy taste was quite strong as compared to Prestige's brand. so I dropped some Vanilla essense , hope it covers the taste a bit, because... my mum, never like dairy whipping cream, she said the taste SO STRONG! and in fact she would thought I added-too-much-butter-in-my-cake! ( She is just nonsense!) my mum dont like milk-products.
After she eats my cake... here's her comment
" Ah Tng, u don't put the Kiwi! It makes my tongue itchy"
Then she starts scratch her tongue with the teeth!, cuz ITCHY from the KIWI!
Can U imagine how I feel? is not sad, but is " WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I m happy ! because finally she likes the cake + cream...not kiwi! hahah, ok, I know, her favourite is still Cocktail fruit cake.
I roughly slice the cake into half, spread with very thin layer of cream, kiwis and cover.
Hehhee... very nice (ops)
Ingredients (Enough for one 8" round tin)
Cake Flour 45g
Corn flour 10g
Baking powder 3g
salad oil 30g
egg yolk 50g
vanilla essence 1tsp
egg white 100g
fine sugar 50g
cream of tartar 1g (haha! Tks L)
1. Prehead the oven to 160C
2. Shift the cake flour, corn flour, baking powder together, put aside.
3. Beat (I used hand-held machine) the egg yolk until pale, add milk, salad oil, vanilla essense, and continue beat.
4. Stir in all the flour. ( after added in, the mixture slightly thick. but it's ok)
5. Beat the egg white. Put cream of tartar in the white, start beating.. until bubble, then add in sugar batch by batch.. until soft peak.
6. For me, I fold the yolk mixture into the egg white mixture in 1 go. I realise, if to fold into batches, the whites will deflat easily.
7. Put into the tin. I didn't grease my rectangle tin! haha and I fed up with round tin, so I change to pyrex rectangle glass!
8. Bake for 20 minutes at 160C. ( I baked for additional 3 minutes )
As for creaming.. to your likings. If u use Dairy whipping cream - fridge the bowl + cream 1st for at least half an hour before beating. (Don't overbeat!) and Today the weather was extremely burning hot ... I actually put a pot of ice-cubes at the bottom of my bowl when I did my beating!