Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Okra oh Okra


I just had this for dinner! yum!

After my Bovril Pasta, I had that for quick breakfast for number of times already. Well, as comparing to tuna bread, omelette sausage bread, I think bovril pasta is so much lesser work + Hey it's morning! I need to get everything done before 6:30, then rush to my shower & change, dad leaves at 7:10 the most, so I dont have much time. O, I get up at 5:45, preparing my lunch box + breakfast + eating breakfast..

Stealing the idea from Terri's Okra , instead, I mixed the Okra with 1 teaspoon of Bovril + lots of fried garlic. so fragnant! I can finish this alone! but again, better not, otherwise I will overly cleanse my colon! ?

Ingredients
1 bunch of Okra ( say 240g?)
1 t of Bovril (careful, Dont put too much, Bovril can be VERY salty)
10 clove of Garlic, minced it (depends, I like garlic)

[Terri's tips]
1. Do not top or tail the okra to minimize the slime. Boil some water and drop the okra into the water. Do not overcook. Take the okra out, leave it aside.

2. Heat up a pan with 2 T of oil, turn to slow fire, fried the garlic until golden brown (I sprinkle some sugar, which enhance the flavour). Dish up

3. Slice the Okra . Take a bowl, Drop in bovirl + fried garlic + cut Okra. Mix well & serve on plate.


8 comments:

Zurin said...

Hi Denise! Wow nice picture. Tell me how do you do the words on the picture...dont tell me photoshop pleeease. That thing is driving me crazy! and I like your widget on the right..I didnt see that b4!

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

so clever ohh u!!

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

zurin : haha, not photoshop, but "Corel Paint Shop" (similar to photoshop, less complicated than that)
o that widget ar, err... i can't remember where i download tt oredi o!! (memory fails me again)

terri: I have good robbery mind! (in terms of cooking ok) hhahahahha

Anonymous said...

excellent! more okra ideas! yum.

Anonymous said...

sorry tat is me!

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

nee: hahaha, aiks! I tot was from my admirer tim~ hhah

The Little Creamy said...

Yum Yum ... I love eating this very much. When are you going to cook this for me. ohh ... I love Bovril too!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I don't have bovril... but I do have marmite from my last trip to London.
I will have to try this for sure!

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia