Thursday, October 16, 2008

Honey Creme Brulee



I love egg, I love cream, I love sugar, and I love Creme Brulee. An addition of Honey , is just so-flavourable ! I like how the honey smell with my creme. I quite like this recipe, because when u eat, U dont taste eggy in ur spoon, but honey & creamy creme.

I need to re-do this recipe before I share here. The recipe says bake for 20-40 minutes! and I was too conservative, I baked for complete 40 minutes, and my creme brulee became honeycomb-creme ! so many bubbles in my creme! it's over-baked/cooked ! but when u eat, the taste is just so nice! so I must re-do this, experiment it again.

Also, I put my sugar on the most top (closest to the heat) to melt & brown them.

7 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Ahhh..practice makes perfect! Can't wait for your refined recipe! But the preview looks pretty good to me oledi.

ganache-ganache said...

The brown top is usually done with a blow torch, 40 mins is too long for creme brulee ! Cream !! where did you get that from ?? u mean u still have that 300ml Paul's ?

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

PP : U R just as sweet as my creme brulee! haha! Ok! I will work harder ! ;p

GG: I tiada Blow torch !!! haha, no lah! I used the nestle tin "reduced fat cream" . Wanted to get the Paul's from Merdeka likas, as there's another bottle there! BUT!!!! so sad! when I took that bottle & look at the bottom, dunno why ah, a layer of water sink at the bottom, then follow by the cream lah!! EE!!!!!!!! means BURUK oredi is it!??!?!?! this Merdeka ah!

Big Boys Oven said...

hahahah this awesome! yummmmmy!

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

BBO : ;P~

test it comm said...

Honey creme brulee sounds good!

Zurin said...

try baking at a lower temperature and u wont get the bubbles. I made creme caramel a long time ago and over baked it and it tasted like rubber! :D

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia