Saturday, February 23, 2008
Deep Fried Choux Pastry 沙 翁
I think eversince blog was introduced , people over the world starts to blog about their life, food, family, the best is, recipe !
Blog saved my wallet ! I don't have to buy recipe books nowadays ! even u try to get 1 from bookstore, there're just too common and u hardly can get personal opinion / tips that some bloggers will be happily enough to share & discuss !
I was more than happy when I found this Deep Fried Choux Pastry , A light-snack that I used to eat during my high-school ! I always demand my mum to buy from Damai ! and it's not cheap though ! ( RM 1.20) for a pastry is expensive alrite . and somehow i find that those Kueh-stalls never sell this anymore !!! why? May be I should start one !
I 'm over-the-moon when I see this honeycomb in my pastry! yeah!! that's what I want ! I like the texture, the eggy-soft texure and slightly hard of outside with sprinkle of sugar, just made my day ! ; )
*sweet*... but not cloyingly sweet !
Butter 30 g
Egg 2 nos
Plain flour 60g
Fine sugar ( for dipping)
1. Heat up the pan, melt the butter in the water, until u see side-bubble, turn off the fire
2. Quickly stir in the flour into the mixture, stir well
3. Let it completely COOL down ( takes about 20 mins) before u add in the eggs. ( this is to avoid egg curdle)
4. When the batter is cooled, add in the egg mixture slowly. ( I split into 2 parts)
Dont get panic when ur batter looks like "does'nt want to go together" after add- in the egg mixture . slowly stir it ! U will be alrite ! until smooth batter like picture no.4
After a smooth batter is done, Use a Tablespoon to scoop into woK for deep fried, until golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar after fried.
* Anyone has UFO tart recipe ??????? *