Thursday, September 13, 2007

Creme Brulee In A Sp00n

One of the Guiltiest of guilty pleasures that I had -----> CREME BRULEE!! Never count on calories + sugar level after eating it ok =p Anyways... This Creme Brulee in a Spoon is good for cocktail party =p~ But , I party among myself + the 2 sisters la! ahhahahahha





Ingredients
1 cup heavy cream (I use Anchor's full cream)
2 extra large egg yolks
1 1/4 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar for caramelizing
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
** My spoons are microwave/oven proof one ah.. so If your spoons crack after baking, dont blame me! hahahahha ***


  1. Preheat Oven to 160 Degrees / 300F
  2. Heat up the Cream + Sugar in a saucepan & stir occasionally until small bubbles appear around edges. Turn off the fire & set aside
  3. In a bowl, beat egg yolks & vanilla until smooth & light. Pour Hot cream mixture into egg yolks, a little at a time.
  4. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl.
  5. Slowly pour into the spoon.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes.
  7. Let it chill over nite, or 3 hours... then sprinkle some sugar on top and use creme brulee torch to melt the sugars until golden brown. Serve immediately or later.
Hints:

  • Im making creme brulee in a spoon. Hence, no water-bath method is required. Unless you pour into ramekins / dessert bowl.
  • I Do not have creme brulee torch to brown the sugar! Hence, another way is..u may heat up the grill , place the custard under it. The sugar will melt & caramelize.
  • In my case, I dont have a grill bar as well !!! SO! hahahhaha, I sprinkle some sugar + Few Drops of water, and put in Hot oven for few minutes. It melts, and give a layer of Nice shiny Syrup! hehehe.. which is nice too.

No comments:

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia