1 cup heavy cream (I use Anchor's full cream)
2 extra large egg yolks
1 1/4 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar for caramelizing
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
** My spoons are microwave/oven proof one ah.. so If your spoons crack after baking, dont blame me! hahahahha ***
- Preheat Oven to 160 Degrees / 300F
- Heat up the Cream + Sugar in a saucepan & stir occasionally until small bubbles appear around edges. Turn off the fire & set aside
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks & vanilla until smooth & light. Pour Hot cream mixture into egg yolks, a little at a time.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Slowly pour into the spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let it chill over nite, or 3 hours... then sprinkle some sugar on top and use creme brulee torch to melt the sugars until golden brown. Serve immediately or later.
- Im making creme brulee in a spoon. Hence, no water-bath method is required. Unless you pour into ramekins / dessert bowl.
- I Do not have creme brulee torch to brown the sugar! Hence, another way is..u may heat up the grill , place the custard under it. The sugar will melt & caramelize.
- In my case, I dont have a grill bar as well !!! SO! hahahhaha, I sprinkle some sugar + Few Drops of water, and put in Hot oven for few minutes. It melts, and give a layer of Nice shiny Syrup! hehehe.. which is nice too.