Arr.. custard, the comfort of comfort foods ! nothing better than a cup of warm custard...hehehhhe ok ok.. Anyways, Thanks to Nicole for her cooking school's baked custard recipie. I modify a bit by adding few slices of peaches... wow... nice~!
3 cups milk (full cream milk give a creamier texture)
1/2 cup sugar
Sprinkle of nutmeg (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Boil the milk until tiny bubbles appear.
3. Place eggs into large bowl + Beat in sugar + whisk until thoroughly combined.
4. When the milk is steaming, pour about 2 tablespoons into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Add about 2 more tablespoons, still whisking, followed by a few more. ( Just keep whisking)
5. Drop in some vanilla extract.
6. Butter your dessert bowl
7. Strain custard with a mesh sieve. THIS IS A MUST...... which remove the lumps.
8. Place the dessert bowl on the baking dish & carefully pour in very hot water b4 put into oven for baking. The water bath insulates the custard, preventing it from reaching too high a heat & curdling.
9. Bake for 40 minutes at 160 C / 325 F.
Done~ custard with skin.. hehee I like that skin o...
a.Test it by inserting a sharp knife into the center. When the knife comes out clean, you can be sure it is done.
b.Another method is also by seeing the bubble surface ( like volcano skin) haha..
c. Please do not reduce the volume of sugar. TRUST ME! it wont bring you to diabetes afterall =p anyway dessert meant to be sweet... hahaha.. but this custard is not too sweet.. so it's alright.
d. Slice in more 'thin' peaches... give u more " blissful" effect! hahahahha