Golden Pillow - Deep fried Chicken Roudale with glutinous rice ham & mushroom
The moment i slice through the meat, I can hear the crisp sound!paper-thin skin! so excited! As I started to prepare this role from 9am until 1pm! so many hours of preparing, waiting and cooking. Anyway, I like this recipe, worth keeping it. The only thing i should do well is preparing the glutinous rice.. too long soaking hour, too much of water cooking. Original recipe calls for pork belly, i substituted with ham instead.
Basic ingredients - Dried shrimps, mushroom, ham, leek, minced garlic & ginger.
Mix in the dry mixture into the cooked glutinous rice and stir well.
Deboned chicken leg.
Put some of the mixture, and wrap it with cling film. Make sure it is firm and tight.
Put the roll to steam for 15-20 mins. Let it completely before open the cling film.
1 cup glutinous rice, soak for 1 hour before cook
250 g ham
2 T dried shrimp, soak and diced it
2 dried shitake mushroom, slice it
2 slice ginger, minced it
3 cloves garlic, minced it
1 spring onion or 1 stick leek, sliced it
1/4 T rock sugar
1/4 t salt
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1 cup water
1 T rice wine
1. Cook the glutinous rice in a steamer. The water and rice percentage should be 0.9 : 1 , if rice is 100g, water should be 90g. Cook for 30 - 40 minutes.
2. Heat the wok with 2 T of oil, stir fry the garlic, ginger & onion. Add the rock sugar until it melts.
3. Add ham , dried shrimp & mushroom to stir fry.
4. Add in all the seasonings and let it simmer until dried up.
5. Off Fire. Mix everything together with cooked sticky rice and pour 1/4 t of sesame oil.
6. Marinate the chicken legs with salt & pepper.
7. Wrap some of the rice within the legs and wrap up with cling film. Steam for 20 mins
8. After the chicken legs cooked, let it completely cool before remove the cling firm and coat them with corn flour and deep fry until outside is golden colour.
9. Slice it and serve hot. serve with sweet chilli or ketchup.