Monday, August 10, 2009

Mango Strawberry Clafouti


Ha, I have mango given by aunty, unfinished frozen strawberries..
I am still off from work today. I was arranging my recipess into folders, while this.. this "Peach Blueberry Clafouti" looks good to me ! I mean why not I make this today!

The texture of this recipe is so yummy ! like yorkshire pudding, like dutch baby , very soft eggy springy texture. but no eggy smell.
It puff like a dome while in the oven, and start to shrink once it's out from the hot oven.

Recipe
2 cups mango cubes
1 cup strawberry
4-6 T sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup milk ( I used whipping cream)
3 T flour
1 t vanilla ext.
a. Preheat oven to 190C. Butter the baking dish.
b. combine the mango and strawberry with 2 T of sugar in a bowl and let macerate for about 15 minutes.
c. Whisk the remaining sugar and eggs together in a mixing bowl.
d. Add in milk/cream & vaniia ext.and whisk until combined.
e. Sift in flour and whisk until combined.
f. spread the fruit over the bottom of the dish. Pour the batter into the dish until just cover the fruit. not too much, it will over-fall when u back it.
g. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minus until the batter looks puffed and golden and is set in the center.
* I like to sprinkle some sugar on top when it's half way bake. *

2 comments:

estherO said...

glad you are back :)
this spells DE-LI-CIOUS

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

estherO : lols! u're cute! Thanks anyway :)

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia