Today I make another chiffon cake aaagain. A Chiffon cake again. So addicited to chiffon cake, because it is so easy, just measure , whip up everything, pour into pan and bake. However, I m quite 'bored' with posting chiffon cake in here. I dress up this little CC with cream cheese frosting and crushed walnuts.
I m quite happy with the texture of this walnut cake. I like to 'tear off' the cake to see its texture than slicing it ! hahahah, eeee.... I m back to my 'witch' world ? Rip off the skin & chop the toenails. anyone remember ? ;p
I change the measurement a bit.
110g egg whites
1t cream of tartar
40g caster sugar
50g egg yolks
36g vegetable oil
55g cake flour
5g corn flour
100g walnut (Crushed it)
50g dried fruits
Frosting (sufficient for 17cm chiffon)
150g cream cheese
1 T lemon juice
3T powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Cream eggyolk+sugar until fluffy pale. Add in water, oil, continue beat, add in flour & corn flour. mix well, put aside.
3. Beat the eggwhites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in Sugar bit by bit. Whip until soft peak.
4. Put in eggyolk batter into eggwhite batter, and fold in gently, until fully incorporated.
5. Pour into the ungreased chiffon tin, and bake for 35 - 40 minutes. ( I baked at 35 mins). Everyone's oven varies here.
6. Turn the cake upside down, and let cool ( at least 1 hour)
1. Let the butter & cream cheese in room temperature.
2. Put them into a bowl and use machine to beat until fluffy.
3. Add in lemon juice + sugar, and mixture again. put back to fridge to cool a bit b4 cream the cake.