Sunday, June 28, 2009
Green Tea Red Bean Cake
This cake marks the history in my baking life! why ? ( I tell u later *)
I was quite obssessed with red beans , red bean bun, red bean soup, red bean pastry, ( I have a new - red bean tart, make soon) , and of cuz green tea with red bean cake.
I had an intention to pass this tin of red bean to my baker and make me a cake! just in case If anytime my sponge cake fails, I will not waste this red bean already, well anyway, I still need to try.
Again, I do not have any " cake decorating stand / revolving stand" in my house, do not bother to buy one either, too expensive as I only used it 1-2 times in a year. But today I need to use one! to help me out in creaming the cake. I think this is the only 'way' i can replace my cake revolving stand. Seng Seng's bicycle wheel! *
Hey, it works really! It turn around like the normal stand! I found it quite amused when I cream my cake on top of the wheel. and Now, even u have a real 'revolving stand', to help to spread the cream smoothly on a cake, need a lot of practice, and also again! I dont have the palette knife, aiks, whatever, i m not doing this for all times, just again 1-2 times in a year! I also realise, if you cannot make nice cream on the edge,or turn out unpresentable, argh, just finish off with lots of spinkles to cover up! ha haha
yum yum yum !
The green tea sponge cake turn out soft & fluffy. I m quite satisfy , as I did not scrimp on the red bean! lols!!!!
Ingredients ( 6" round cake)
cake flour 40g
green tea powder 5g
baking powder 1 t
corn flour 10g
olive oil 30g
egg yolk 50g
egg white 100g
cream of tartar 1 t
some sweetenen cooked red bean
150g - 200g dairy cream
1 T powdered sugar
***** ( i cant figure out what is missing here)
[note: I m still not happy with the cream! I still think besides adding in sugar, there must be something to add in to make the cream tastier......like my baker's! ha ha, guess I need to continue pay more tuition fees here to break the code lols!!!!! G must be wanting to kill me ]
( Preheat oven at 180C)
1. Whisk the eggyolk with oil,milk and mix in flour, set aside.
2. Beat the eggwhite with cream of tartar until floamy, add in sugar , beat until soft peak.
3. Fold in step 1 into step 2 until incorporate.
4. bake at 180C for 20 mins
5. After baked, unmold the cake and over turn until completedly cool.
6. Carefully slice the cake.
7. Pour the dairy-cream in a bowl and fridge it at least 20 mins before whipped up.
8. After whipping the cream, spread on the cake, drop some red beans, cover with another layer of cream, and cover with the cake, repeat the same.
9. Fridge the cake for 1 hour.