Sunday, July 19, 2009
Lemon Cheese coated with Lemon Cream
Citrus cake is always good. I need to finish the remaining 100g cream cheese in my fridge, so I baked a light lemon cheese cake with Lemon Cream. The lemon cream is really an icing on the cake. The cream is so smooth and lemony. Ha I need to check with my lemon cream sifu why my cream doesnt hold on its own even after fridge (i.e. not firm). I can't pipe into shapes, it wont hold, It will dissolve like a cream pool. That's why you see my cake can be coated so smooth like a carpet! ha ha ha
Cake ( adopted from perfect macha cheese cake, i halved them)
3 eggs (separated)
1/4 cream of tartar
100g cheese - 120g
2 T lemon zest
30g cake flour
10g corn flour
1. preheat oven to 160C.
2. Put butter+cheese+milk in a bowl, using double boiler method, keep whisking until melted (creamy) and incorporated.
3. Mix in lemon zest, egg yolks and flour. stir well.
4. On a separate bowl, beat the eggwhites with cream of tartar until foamy, mix in sugar into 2 stages and continue to beat until soft peak.
5. Fold in the eggyolk batter into the eggwhite , and fold gently until fully mixed.
6. Bake at 160C for 50 ~ 55 mins bain marie
Lemon Cream : Recipe click here.
The lemon curd after cooked.