Sunday, June 21, 2009
Mango Mille Crepe
A Mille Crepe, A Thousand Thanks to dad for being so kind, so much considerations given, so everything to us~ ! Here's a mini 8 layer crepe ! ha ha, as opposed to a thousand layer ! mille means 'thousand' in french.
mum bought some apple mango from gaya street. 6 of them cost about RM 5. Being a bit 'high-spirit' today, I made some crepe, by sort of "play cheat" here. make 1 large sheet, cut into few pieces with cookie cutter, then spread with cream and mango, frozen it. Drizzle with some chocolate sauce & walnut. The crepe skin quite thick here, need more practice.
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk + 2 T milk
pinch of salt
1 T butter
1. mix all the crepe ingredients together, make sure no lumps in the batter. I sieve the batter after mix.
2. heat up a pan, drop some butter / oil, pour the batter, make the crepe as thin as possible. ( really, need lots of practice + patience)
3. stack up the crepe, let cool.
4. Spread the crepe with some cream in middle, some mango on top, and repeat the same.
( I slice the mango with peeler, which helps a lot!)
5. make some chocolate sauce. I melt 2 T of chocolate chips in microwave, then mix 3-5 T of cream to dilute it, adjust it to your likings.