Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fresh Pumpkin Muffins

Aunt gave me a good quality pumpkin a week ago, and I wanted to bake Ganache's Pumpkin Muffin for quite some times.

Smashing pumpkin is fun! Look at the above picture,after the pumpkin cubes are steamed* (*note: don't boil it, just steam, otherwise all the sweetness will disolve in the boiling water) and just 1 press-down(Pic 1) , it became so smooth. And when u press, the water will squeeze from the pumpkin (pic 2), and left the 'mash' on the sieve. That's how you derive the pumpkin puree (pic 3).


* I did not throw the water just like that, that's the best natural sweetness from the pumpkin! hahaha, I sip all!


Recipe ( I halve from Ganache's)
(So this recipe should give 5-6 standard muffin cups), but mine is 8, cuz i m using a smaller version cup)
60g unsalted Butter
1 Egg
10g Honey ( I didnt measure mine, I just make 1 big squeeze from the bottle around my mixture!)
75g pumpkin puree
45g flour
15g high protien flour (bread flour)
3g baking powder
30g sultanas (I soaked mine in water until plump, then drain it well)
[copy from Ganache]
Shift the 2 flours + baking powder together and put aside 1st.
Cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy. Add egg and continue beating until smooth. Add honey & pumpkin puree to the mixture, mix until well combined. Add in sifted flour into the mixture, fold through ( Dont overmix), lastly add sultanas.
Scoop to muffin cups until 2/3 full, baked in preheated oven of 180C for 20-25mins***.
**** Notes: Due to the size of the muffin cups I used, (mine quite small & short as compared to the standard one)...so I only baked at 12 mintures. So, always check ur muffin, start from 10 mins onwards, use skewer test.


No comments:

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia