Friday, November 14, 2008

Why ? Why spiral shape ?



I have a question to kill ! Why people need a wooden stick , spiral shape around its head to take the honey? Why don't just use a spoon ?and why spiral shape ???

My colleague helps me to do some research, and got me the answers !

1) If you're speaking of the kind of honey dipper that has grooves in it, its advantage over a spoon is that it is less likely to drip. Thehoney wraps around it as you twirl it, and it's less messy than using a spoon.

2)The grooves allow the honey (with a high surface tension) to be pulled in while they are horizontal, but flow out when they are vertical. I've seen both plastic and wood, so I would guess there is no particular advantage to the material, other that what is cheap to make.

Now It does make some sense to me or, I shouldn't have 2nd thought on people's innovative design?! (grin) ...

4 comments:

ganache-ganache said...

Clever girl, Ah Tng....

James said...

The grooves help keep the honey there (more surface area). Plus ... it's shaped like a bee hive. So, reminds one of bees .. honey ...

Yvonne T said...

Ohhh.... *nods head*

Anonymous said...

i know the grooves helps the honey stick to it, but prevent it from dripping?? not so sure about that, I thought will be messier.

But then I use a squeezable bottle, what do i know!

Hey, I've meme tagged you. spread the love if you feel like one.

Billy

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia