Thursday, October 9, 2008

CHocolate Cupcakes


I am baking these with my pajamas! First thing got up from bed is ahead to kitchen, start measuring my butter, sugars, flour, etc.
I chuck a sickie today! If my FIL read this! Probably he will throw me out from the window! ;l U won't even want to know what reasons excuse I gave to him!
This is a pretty easy cupcakes. Mix and Whisk! Beat and Bake! I wasn’t paying attention when I dropped my vanilla essence to the batter, and when I returned to my mixing bowl after capping my essence, "SHIT!" It was “egg-yellowish’ colouring essence!!!!!! My goodness! Quickly I scooped the ‘yellow colouring”away. Luckily was my butter + sugar mixture! The colouring didn't really dissolve on the butter mixture. (lolz) Didn’t know they are so alike, especially when they’re hiding in the less-lighting cabinet, ‘back’ facing U!
I should have reduced my sugar! Bit sweet.. and next time should used good quality dark chocolate! ( I simply picked mine from a bakery shop, written "sweet dark choco")

Also, u can tell I did my pipping quite 'cin-cai' ! hahahah, ee yer, lazy oredi!

This batch of cupcakes has a soft & fluffy texture. The only thing that I don't quite easy with was the icing. I must replace with better quality chocolate. Thanks to Big Boys Oven's recipe! They are good! I halved the recipe. 3 large eggs, I used 2 medium eggs . I don't have brown sugar, so I replaced with white fine sugar.


7 comments:

ganache-ganache said...

No they are not the same I can tell right away even though I'm damn tired after a baking session from 7.30pm ! hey those cases from Daiso rite, u r using more than one for a cuppie & I think the cuppies are small & cute, aren't they ?

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

Ganache: LOlz!! ok i m blind! hahaha
ya from Daiso. It's plastic inside , it mentioned for Bento usage! worried it will melt...luckily it says can tahan for 200C wor.
Recently get my Collq buy me some mini cupcake holders from Japan's so called " 1 yen" shop!and it's equivalent to RM 3 here!!! so Can tell Daiso is earning a lot!!

Ekh said...

u do cupcakes also? so cute. nice ka the taste? :-)

Agnes @ rB said...

I even got mixed up with Vanilla Primer (The liquid is much more thick and glueish) and Vanilla Essence...

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

Valery: haha Nice if U use good quality choco

Agnes: HAHAHAHA! see!!!

jjcht said...

Do you still keep the recipe? The link from Big BOy Oven no longer available. My sons love chocolate cake.

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

jjcht: hey!! sorry for the late reply, was quite bz. errr I try to look for tat recipe for u , he he !

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia