Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chawan Mushi in an Onion Cup


When I drop the two gingko nuts after the first 12 minutes on the egg-jello ... it gives u the jiggly, wobbly effect like a jello! hahahaha... soo Cute!!! I guess U all must try this! put ur chawan mushi on an onion cup, then u will see how an egg custard jiggly wobbly yet is firm in front of u.

Terri I really like ur recipe. This is really silky-soft ! I never had such soft-steamed egg before! is not soft, any word better than soft? I think I use silk to best describe this chawan mushi. :D

ya, my egg is well - set in this onion cup. very yummy !my sis was like.. ha? Ah Tng, why you eat an Onion ??? :D


I was quite lucky that I can get this giant sized brown onion from Gaya street this morning ! Immediately I think of Terri's Chawan Mushi..
The small one is our standard cooking onion.. I just don't understand why these 2 are so big! 10 cm width!




Dad was asking me, ...

Dad: is ur onion cup eatable ?
me: Yes of cuz! only Singapore can find this chawan mushi in onion cup
know! ( I assume la.. cuz 1st time i seen it in during Terri's sing trip! may be kl have..may
be..)

Dad: Now House 150 has loh....
me: HEhehhehehehe ....

I was telling my fren karen that , I dont think I will make the 2nd time... unless someone special requested for it (",)


Yeah I made some in Ramekin cups. Very smooth surface! See I made it! hahah, simply follow Terri's Tips! Then everyone can make it! How I wish my skin are as smooth as the chawan mushi............... U think I eat more my skin can improve ah?




No cheating, this cup of chawan mushi is really silky-soft & tasty!
I dont have Dashi granules... I replaced with Fish stock (Maggie brand).. I dont have Sake! I replaced with mum's Wong Jiu ! :D

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walao...Got such 10cm-sized onion...

Ah Yung

Anonymous said...

Oh...oniun cup, great idea, such an extra ordinary recipe :)

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

Yung : YA! 1st time i Saw this too ! U back la, I bake more....

Zita : yeah, i stole the idea from Terri !

Anonymous said...

kylie: i want to make a onion cawan mushi request order!^^

ClarityDefinesYou said...

i likeeeeeeeeeeeeee this :) the colours are so pweety and very the girlish :) anyhooo...you are tagged check out my blog chickyegg :)

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

denissseee! tt's so perfect! did you steam it for a day bc i tried using a bell pepper n it didn't set. n it sure looks silky smooth! u make me proud lah.

n tt's the biggest brown onion ever. could u finish it?

The Little Creamy said...

I wanna place my order too, thanks!

By the way, your photography skill is getting much better, keep it up...

Anonymous said...

I want to like your blog but your writing is absolutely atrocious.

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

kylie : "pray" .... OK ...;p

CIL : hahaha, "girlish" ? HAHA!!! I try make one as MacHo as someone kay!

Terri:hahaha, no lah, u know What makes me steam this onion ? BCUZ!!! for the past few days, I been reading the same post from u ;p and I got so attracted to the Onion cup in ur blog, and I just gave a try... and.. I did it!! TQ TQ TQ TQ

Cream: " yawn " ... hhahahhaha ok la, if I find the next HUGE onion again

anon (From uni of California) : I will try to improve.TQ. But I guess a picture = 1000 words.

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous:

One doesn't need to have perfect writing skills to blog. If you can't accept it, don't read it.

P/s: At least she can cook :)

From, Anonymous

Anonymous said...

ooohhh..looks so delicious. seriously silky. well done. will definitely keep this dish in mind when i am doing japanese. think greg will love it.

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia