Monday, June 16, 2008

Wong Jiu Mee Suah


This is my all time favourite. When I’m still attached with hotel, we used to walk over to Api-Api Center, and had a hot hot Wong Jiu Mee Suah. The uncle’s Mee Suah a bit too soft (low quality), so I always changed my order to Wong Jiu Mee Hoon for quite sometimes, but the ‘feel’ is just not right !

This pack of Mee Suah is quite OkAy. Has bit of al-denta texture! So I ‘sluuuuuurrrrp’ it very fast., like how the japanese sluurrp their mee. Hahahahha , ops.

Last time, I used to make plain Wong Jiu Mee Suah (WJMS) with chicken, ginger, bit of Black Fungus & Wong Jiu only.
After seeing Terri’s & Jo’s. … I stole Terri’s Fried Egg & Jo’s Wolfberry. Guess what, they’re puuurrrrrfect!

Everyone can cook this simple dish. The secret all lies within the Wong Jiu (Chinese Brew Wine).
I pour half bottle of wong jiu + 1 1/2 cups of water to make this bowl of soup. If u like strongr wong jiu, simply just pour in more and vice versa.


p/s : I realise ... ceramic bowl + wooden chopsticks are the standard iconic for Wong Jiu soup. (When comes to photographs) Try see others! :D

10 comments:

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

u did it!~very nice chopsticks n bowl, and oh, wong jiu men sen too.

The Little Creamy said...

Very nice photo, i like that photo you took. Your photography skill is getting better huh, come to MARCOM help us lar, be our professional photographer ... but no gaji lar! =P

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

Terri: TQ Shifu

Cream: "No free lunch in the world" + "Katak wont simply jump around the streets"
hahahahhahahah ;D
PLUS, no FREE WORK FOR FISHBALL DEPT TOO! ;k

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

Cream38: but for U, of cuz no problem.... ;p~ ( u buy me meal at TATU ok) hahhaha ;p

The Little Creamy said...

U sendiri go ask Zan to buy u meal in TATU, dun go thru me. =P

Anonymous said...

Hi denise!! Mong Sie here. I just realised i was reading ur blog! didn't know it until i saw you and sylvia's pic... it has been so many years.

The Little Creamy said...

Hi Mong Sie ... I remember you! I'm Sylvia here! How's life, are you in KK now?

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

C.Mong.S : hey! Never tot that we can 'meet' again at blog! ;D
How R u? and by the way wher R u now? KK?

Anonymous said...

yea i never thought i was reading ur blog! working in kl now. seldom go back hometown. working around bukit bintang area so if u are in kl drop me a call. hmm better not leave my no. here. send me ur hp to my email. mongsiec@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

wow rice wine noodles too...you and terri are dangerous influence. and i am very very hungry already.

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia