( Hey I baked this during weekend, not today alrite ;p Im really SICK today)
I truly fall-in-love with the globe-grapes that I bought ! really "huge". I put 1 in my mouth and I can't speak properly !
This is the tart that I used to eat quite often when I was working in Hotel. u know, those mini-fruit-tart, with peach / strawberry/ pineapple on top which served during tea-break / hi-tea . Normally what I did was, I finished all the fruits , Slurrp all the custard on top and threw the base away! haha !
I think this recipe is worth to try, especially the "Pudding"! really GOOD ! Ur waistband won't tightening from that ! It's made of fruit juice!
150g plain flour
2 T sugar
1 egg yolk
1 T water
Tart Base Coated:
50g Chocolate (melted)
400ml of any juice / milk ( I used juice here)
3 T cornstarch
5 T Sugar
3 T butter
bit of grated lemon / orange peel
Any fruits u like
1. Prehead oven to 180 C.
2. In a bowl, combines flour & sugar.
3. Rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add in egg yolk and water, mix till dough if form.
5. Place a dough into tart molds, shape and trim the edges.
6. Place a square aluminum foil / baking sheet over the dough and weight with beans.
(This is to prevent the base puff up and cause uneven to the base when it's in the oven)
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or till tart base turns golden brown.
8. Cool on wire rack.
- Mix together eggs, sugar, cornstarch, juice/milk in a pot.
- place over medium heat, keep stirring at all time .
- Form the first arriving boiling bubble, cook exactly 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Mix in butter.
Tart Base Coated:
1. Melt the chocolate
2. Spread the tart base with a layer of melted chocolate, Chill in fridge till chocolate sets.
3. Fill tarts with just cooked pudding when the chocolate has set.
4. Sreve with Desired fruits, and brush some (melted sugar + water) on the fruits for Shiny-good-looking-tart.
When I brush my Sugar-water on the Grape for photographing... my little boy asked
" Ah Tng, Why you brush GLUE on the grape ????? like that Can't be eaten oredi la ! "
In fact I'm glad when he commented that ! The Sugar-Water really give a Good "Shiny" effect huh! until He thought I used GLUE ;p