Monday, February 11, 2008

煲糖水 , Sweet Soup


哈 哈 I was drooling when I see this Tang Sui ! (Argh I Stole ur pic again Terri! )

So I made from whatever I have from the Fridge !
I don't know what's the name of mines! because I have Gingko nuts, dried longans, red dates, lotus seeds , snow fungus, Lily Bulbs & Rock Sugar

Lily Bulbs - moisten the Lung
Ginkgo Nut - used in Chinese herbalism to clear the lungs of phlegm. It is mildly toxic.
Dried Longan - as a blood tonic, to nurture the heart, and to add luster and beauty to the skin. It is believed among the Chinese people that Longan is not only a great tonic for the skin, but is also a fantastic sex tonic! hahah ! Any Hunger? =p
Red Dates - a nutrient tonic, a blood cleanser
Lotus Seed - used primarily as an astringent in Kidney
Snow Fungus - Beauty enhancer, improve complexion, an immune stimulant that fights infection, especially chronic infections.
Rock Sugar - moisten the Lung 中医认为润止咳清痰去火的作用。也是泡制药酒、炖煮补品的辅料。



Lotus Seeds & Lily Bulbs


so many benefits, so I can drink more bowls la ? =p
( Cantonese conversation between creamy & I )
denise: 食 左 人 都靚 !
creamy: 噢!嘆得佢丫
creamy: 睇個 ...
creamy: denise 睇落又真係好靚噃 !
denise: 多謝晒

9 comments:

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

yummy, esp chilled. i must make some again. hey, how long was the drive to the Tip of Borneo? i was there b4 it was 'developed' so, thinking of going again.

ekeng said...

Wahhhh...Denise look so "Pretty" wor :)

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

terri : About 3 1/2 hours !
there is a short distance of bumpy road (un-path)! haha ! careful !

ekeng : u dare to say NO!!! =p~

Anonymous said...

I love the photos on your blog! The food all looks so delicious and different from anything I have eaten in the United States. I am adding your website to my small list of links. Maybe one of these days I can get a recipe from you for that delicious looking roast duck and the Chai-Choi. Oh, and my name is Denise too!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos on your blog! The food all looks so delicious and different from anything I have eaten in the United States. I am adding your website to my small list of links. Maybe one of these days I can get a recipe from you for that delicious looking roast duck and the Chai-Choi. Oh, and my name is Denise too!

The Little Creamy said...

Denise Wong, r u ok? Since when I had that conversation with you, it must be in your dream.

Please dun dream too early ... =p

yammylicious said...

yammm look so delicious! its good for mii cough badly now!! =(

ekeng said...

denise,please send your contact number to my email.will look for you and Terri for dinner when i go back to KK..My email is ekeng83@yahoo.com

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

Denise : Thanks! U're sweet !

creamy : NOW THEN U READ MY BLOG ;p too late

yammy : aiyah~ poor thing ! must be too much from CNY ~ haha

ekeng :done

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia