Sunday, November 11, 2007

Honey Spiced Eggplant



Eggplant, I got myself some long slender eggplants from Foh Sang wet Market this morning.
According to an Australian study, eggplant absorbs more fat in cooking than any other vegetables. I think everyone agrees with me, if it's not cooked properly, they turn into sponges of oil ! & very disgust to eat !

This recipe, with a great combo of honey, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, cumin.. I think my F.I.L would loveeeee this ! AHahahaha....Cumin - Indian spice what.. * Lolz *

Ingredients
2 eggplants
1/4 cup of olive oil ( I used cooking oil la...)
5 Tablespoons honey (this dish wont give u SWEET TASTE, trust me)
1 large lemon juice! ( This is very impt)
1 T finely minced garlic
1 T finely minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoons ground cumin ( I used cumin seeds)
2/3 cup hot water
some fresh coriander for garnish.

Methods
  1. Slice the eggplants, sprinkle large amount of salts on in. Let the eggplant disgorge for 20 minutes. Then Wipe off the water with paper towels.
  2. Heat up a large skillet, brush both sides of the eggplants with oil, and cook in the pan. until well-browned on both sides. Set Aside.
  3. In a bowl, combine honey, lemon juice & 2/3 cup of hot water, stir until dissolve. Heat the skillet again, add little bit of oil, add in garlic, ginger, stir fry a bit, then add in cumin, fry a bit. Stir in honey-lemon water and bring the eggplant to simmer a bit.
  4. Cook until the sauce reduced to a thick glaze ! ( This is the most exciting part!!!) I love seeing thick golden colour glaze......
  5. DIsh up!

No comments:

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia