Perserved Chinese Sausage (Lap Cheong) . HAhaha ! I still remember Last Sunday morning, the first thing I woke up from sleep was to call my mum....
me: Hawlo, Maa where're you ?
mum: on the way to Gaya Street.
me: OOh! help me to buy some Lap Cheong eh
mum: what?! you're in KL now! What for u need that!
me: I want to cook "Sa-Pou-Gai-Fan" when I'm back!
...... my mum was like, whatever......
Ingredients (Provided by both JaneshiAk & another aunty)
1 cup uncooked rice. Washed & soaked for at least 2 hrs
1 cup water
1 Chinese Sausage. (Sliced or diced, as u like)
some salted fish
1 Tablespoon dark soya
Green Onion for garnishing.
2 Shallots & 2 Cloves Garlic (Diced)
1 cup marinated chicken (I debone the chicken).
*Chicken can be marinated with some Light soya, Dark soya, Sesame oil, Chinese Cooking Wine, pepper*
- Pan Fried the diced salted fish until crispy & golden. Dish up.
- Use the remaining oil, pan fry the minced shallots & garlic until lightly brown, put in the uncooked rice, stir fry a bit, and mix 1 Tablespoon of Dark soya. Off from fire.
- Transfer the rice to Claypot, add in 1 cup water and cover and bring to boil at small fire.
- When the rice is cooking in the pot, pan fried the Chinese Sausage, and the chicken separately. * Dont over cook the chicken, just stir fry a bit only. *
- WHen the rice is still cooking, and holes are formed on top, spread the half-cooked chicken (together with gravy), chinese sausage & salted fish, and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the rice, make sure the rice is dry, cooked. Sprinkle spring onon & some salted fish again when it's ready to serve.