Friday, September 21, 2007

Home Made " Teriyaki Sauce "

YES! I am cooking "Teriyaki Sauce"! SLurrp!!!! This is an
no-fail recipe provided by Su yin.
Very YummMMmylicious on the sauce itself! hahahha.. U all may think it tastes SWEET (cuz so many fruits in the ingredients...* LOLz *! PROVE YOURSELF WRONG! By trying it!!! then you will know what I "meant" here.. ahhahhaa


Ingredients A
1 apple sliced
1 banana halved

1 onion sliced thick
1 orange sliced (with skin)
1 large bunch shallots (with green leaves)
2 cups premium quality of light soya sauce
2 cups brown sugar
4 cups water
1/3 cup cooking wine.


Ingredients B
1 cup corn syrup OR glucose syrup
2-3 tablesppon potato starch + 1/2 cup water ( to mix)




  1. Bring all Ingredients A to boil for 3 hours
  2. Strain the fruits from that.
  3. According to Su yin, she will continue to boil for another 2 hours after removed the fruits, which I skipped this step! As my sauce almost left 2/3 quarter from the original. so I guess it's alright
  4. Add in 1 cup glucose syrup
  5. Continue stir for another 30 minutes
  6. Add in potato starch + Water
  7. Remove from Heat, Leave it cool, and slightly thicken before the sauce is ready!!

Pour in Glucose Sryup... for Shiny + Smooth texture + slightly Concentrate the sauce... Trust me, It wont give you "Sugary Taste"!

It's DONE! Yummy!!! THumbs UP! Ahahhaha. .. I m planning to Bake Teriyaki Chicken Wing!



Now, I needless to go Tong Hing, staring at sooooo many bottles of Teriyaki sauce on their stands, wondering which brand to buy, which one to pick! As Teriyaki sauce is not cheap! and also, I dunno which brand taste nicer...

Now, At least, I know Mine's taste Good! * Lolz *

1 comment:

ekeng said...

Yeah..so i no need go to buy Teriyaki sauce from Tong Hing too..i can buy direct from u..haha

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia