Monday, August 29, 2011

Meatballs!

maet 1
I have not been using my camera for almost, almost... 3 months. Dad's birthday on middle of August. I make sure the battery is charged one day b4 cake cutting ! When everyone is almost ready in front of the cake , my godness! my camera cannot on!! so panic! and so worried! grr! I have no choice but using phone camera to snap quickly .. ish.. Few days later i get my dad to check.. dad said it's just false alarm! U didnt charge ur battery properly! duh... so Karen says it's a sign, I better start blogging... lol :D

Here's Karen recipe.. quite good! very simple and less fuss.
Recipe
250g minced chicken
250g minced pork ( alternatively you may use 500g pork straight)
5 gloves of garlic, minced
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
salt & pepper

Pasta sauce (my version, you can cook any type u like :)
3 gloves garlic, minced
half onion, minced
2 fresh tomatoes, cubes
salt & sugar
oregano spices
1 jar pasta sauce you can get from supermarket
1 tin tomato paste

notes: for 500 grams of meat, I can make 15 balls, about 4cm dia each after fried! Tips: make sure you roll ur meatballs about 5cm dia big before it is fried. it will shrink after fried.

1. One night before you cook, mix in all the meat, garlic,egg,breadcrumbs and salt pepper. Mix and cover well. fridge overnite. so that it is much easier to roll the next day.
2. Next day, roll up all the balls, pat with light corn flour and fried in hot oil. Dish up.
3. Cook the pasta sauce..and throw in the balls to simmer for 10 mins. Ready to eat


meat 2
Golden meatballs!

meat 3
Meatballs after simmer in sauce..
meat 4
I mix half chicken half pork. The texture is still firm + bit moist. If you want your balls moist & tasty, recommend you to use minced pork with fats ! :D

1 comment:

declaratii fiscale said...

Hmmm this recipe looks so delicious and nice and i think that fits perfect with my taste and in my opinion is a very easy recipe, so i think i will try it. Thanks for sharing.

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia