Friday, December 25, 2009

Halo Lemon Cream for Christmas Holidays


Halo (a.k.a spun toffee) with Santa Hat


No Eggs, No Butter, No Gelatin (most importantly) - I tell u why.

So This is a yum cold dessert , so creamy with tangy tinge of lemon, bit of sweetness .. taste like yogurt !

I like the colour of spun sugar , golden caramel , so attractive ! so not easy to make. My 1st time of making this , so out of control! should really learn and practice how to spin" the toffee ! see my so called 'out of control' toffee !


I sprinkle more lemon zest before eating this. very yum! taste like lemon yogurt.


*Oh i like this recipe because no gelatin! I am not a gelatin person. but I like panna cotta. ( and not all panna cotta is good! too much gelatin will spoil) too much gelatin , i feel like eating fake dessert. U know if too much gelatin, when spoon to mouth, I need to make my 'panna cotta' melt in my mouth for a second, let my body temperature melts the cream before I can swallow! that is the moment I really dont like! very eyewwww ! but this recipe is not! really smoooth
Ingredients
2 cups whipping cream
80g (or less) sugar
2 T lemon zest
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
a. Place cream + sugar in a pot and heat it up for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
b. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice . ( notice the cream will thicken after the lemon juice). stir well.
c. pour in the ramekin and fridge for 3-4 hours. Serve cold.

1 comment:

Irene's Footprints said...

Allo


Can't view the first 3 pictures ...??

: )

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia