I like to eat all kinds of mushroom ! Especially Shiitake. Is the wooden smell that makes me love it so much ! Some good quality of shiitake gives Al Dente texure. "To the tooth". Yes! I love mushroom where when u bite, it gives slight resistance in the centre.
Mushoom that give total-soft-texture just turn me off ! Sometimes I hate Enoki mushroom that 'packed in tin"! it's too slimy .I feel like bunch of enoki stucked in my throat and I have to swallow it with many efforts! I feel that I can choke by that bunch of enoki anytime if I eat it again.
mix 1/2 portion of minced pork and 1/2 minced prawns
seasons with salt & pepper.
Mushroom to soak until soft
1. Steam the mushroom with some sugar, light soya & oil for 15 minutes
2. Drain the mushoom until dry. Keep the sauce in a bowl.
3. When the mushroom is a bit cool, sprinkle with corn flour, and scoop 1 Tspoon of meat on top. Press it with ur palm.
4. Steam the stuffed mushroom on a plate for 15~18 minutes
5. Use the remaining sauce from steaming the mushroom from step 2 and step 4, mix with oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar and some cornflour.
6. Cook the sauce until thicken, and pour on the mushroom.
7. Serve with Boiled greens.
1. Enuff of water, with bit of salt & cooking oil
2. Cook for 2 minutes or just slightly tender