Our classic shepherd's pie used to be ground beef at the bottom, and top with mashed potatoes.
I made a cocktail Open Shepherd's Pie ! with minced chicken as the Toppings
Easy ! Pipe ur mashed potato according to ur likings (Make a hollow in the middle)! and baked under 200C for 20 minutes.
After baked, fill-in each mini potatoes with some meat&sauce.
Here's are the classic ones
800 g minced chicken / ground beef
2 carrot sticks ( boiled & diced)
3 tomatoes (diced)
1 brown onion (diced)
Salt & pepper & Garlic powder
1 can pasta sauce
1 can tomato thick puree
sugar to taste
parsley & Oregano powder
400 g potato
salt water to boiled
50 g butter
- Marinate the meat for half an hour.
- Heat up the cooking pan with 2 T oil, pan fry the onion, follow by meat.
- Stir fry a bit, add in tomatoes & carrots
- Pour in all the sauce, and sugar to taste. sprinkle some dried parsley & oregano
- Dish up .
- Cut the potato into cubes. Boil with salt water for 20 minutes until soft.
- butter ur bowl, and mash the potatoes until fairly smooth.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl.
- Now, add in the beated egg into the mashed potatoes. Blend well.
- Fill into your piping tube & start make hollow shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown at 200C.