Sunday, September 16, 2007

Buñuelos [boo-nywe-laws]

I love trying out Food that hard to get around in Town.

History from Wikipedia
Buñuelos are fritters of a mainly Spanish origin. They are popular snack in many Latin American countries, and a re traditionally eaten at Christmas.
Hey !! This morning when I woke up, the weather are so gloomy & cooling (Malaysia version of CHristmas) * LOlz * .. hahaha , Ngam la if I eat my bunuelos with cup of Hot Nescafe!

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/2 teasp baking powder
1 teasp sugar
1/4 teasp salt
1 egg
3 Tablesp milk

Cinnamon powder + castor Sugar ( for coating)
* Best If you have nutella or melt chocolate or Maple syrup or powdered sugar *

Steps:
  1. Combine flour,baking powder, sugar + salt in a bowl
  2. Combine egg + milk & beat until frothy
  3. Mix all together. Cover & allow to rest for 10 minutes.
  4. Heat up the oil until very HOT.
  5. Drop by small spoonful into the oil & deep fry until golden.
  6. Drain well & serve immediately, rolled in cinnamon powder + castor sugar.

When I carry my plate into the dining room, my sis ask me excitedly !!

Potato Sister: Wah Ah Tng, U make Chicken Nuggets ah????
Me: NO! It's a fried Doughnut.

so when she starts eating..

Me: So Nice or not???
Potato Sister: Not bad oh!, nice ~

* LOlz *! !!!

Tips:
  1. Try Making a 50Cent round doughnut when you frying it. It's even better. Dont roll it too big.
  2. Serious, BEST IF YOU CAN DIP with NUTELLA or anything that is in Liquid/syrup.
  3. Basically they are around, crispy fritter. ( They are not fluffy type).



Nah, This is what I meant by Groomy Morning, NO SUN =p

1 comment:

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

this must be like d spanish churros, wch we love. do u want d recipe?

ThE st0ry beHinD the ShELL

My photo
Beautiful Kay Kay, Sabah, Malaysia